Friday, February 6, 2009

Patrick Swayze signs book deal

By Craig Wilson, USA TODAY

Actor Patrick Swayze, who has been fighting stage-four pancreatic cancer for the past year, has signed a deal to write his life story.

The memoir, to be written with his wife, Lisa Niemi, will be published this fall by Atria Books.

The announcement was made Thursday by Judith Curr, executive vice president and publisher of Atria.

The memoir, still untitled, will give an intimate account of the star's life, including his battle with cancer.

"With everything I've been fortunate enough to do in my life, and covering such a wide range of diverse subject matters, I'm told that my story has been inspirational to people," Swayze, the 56-year-old star of Dirty Dancing and the A&E series The Beast, said in a statement. "I will write from my heart about these experiences and aside from the sheer pleasure of doing it, if people happen to garner inspiration from it, or incentive, or find a new way to love, it would be wonderful."

No comments:

Post a Comment